Apply by December 6!
When you intern at Caster, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, and the opportunity to start your career. We value those who share our passion and belief in the power of a great team doing great work. We invest in our future by creating a fun workplace full of creative, skilled, and enthusiastic people.
This person will support integrated communications programs for clients spanning a variety of consumer technologies. The person will have the opportunity to work on projects ranging from from product launches to influencer campaigns, media relations to content programs, news and trends research to list building; no task can be too big or too small. Everything is a learning experience.
The individual will be provided support and direct communication from senior team leaders including the training needed to be successful in PR. The ideal candidate is a quick learner with a strong desire to learn the key foundational elements of what it takes to be successful in media relations, PR and social media. They will gain experience in a fast-paced environment while learning to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
This person must be proactive, collaborative, and creative and have a solid understanding of social media as a communications tactic. You must be a self-starter, resourceful, patient, a solid note-taker who is willing to give it a try verses seeking all the answers from someone else. Are you a problem solver? Good. We’re looking for someone who has strong verbal and written communication skills, has excellent time management skills and is a meticulous organizer who can and will multi-task and is interested in building their career with a fun and fast-paced team.
- Tactical implementation of foundational initiatives for Caster clients
- Updating & maintaining editorial calendar
- Updating & maintaining social calendars
- Conduct research relevant to PR, social media and/or other campaign tactics
- Press release distribution (uploads, sizing images, FB posts, Caster blogs, newsroom posts, tags)
- Media list creation and maintenance
- Press list management, clean up, social media updates, press release distribution
- Writing: blogs, product award entries, media pitches, bios, social media posts
- Research: client news, competitive news, industry trends, media opportunities, background info, contact information, source credibility, data research, demographic studies, more. And learning how to turn this into media opportunities for clients.
- Pitching projects: Fall (Holiday and Black Friday); Spring (Mother’s Day, Dads n Grads); Summer (Holiday, Back to School) These will be specific assigned projects interns will own that have the opportunity to become part of a work portfolio. They will include a start-to-finish project by semester: research, lists, writing, media outreach, and results.
- Contribute to brainstorms & campaign development
Digital & Social Media
- Social Media: contributing to campaigns, content: aggregate and organic, learning and applying tools for measurement/metrics and reporting
- Assist in implementing digital/social media tactics
- Amplify/promote news on social properties; update & maintain social editorial calendar
- Understanding, use and implementation on the top social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram; some clients may include SnapChat, YouTube, Pinterest, more
- Social Media Support of Caster social platforms
- Contribution to Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Updating & maintaining Caster social calendar
- Social Media posting including photos, creative artwork
- Learn PR tools: WordPress, Sprout, Constant Contact, Meltwater
- Learn Office tools: Email, Slack, MS365
- General office administrative support
- Administrative functions across agency
- Assistance answering phones/messages
- Provide status reports
Qualifications and Overview
- Junior year in college GPA of 3.35 or higher
- Senior year in college GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong research skills
- Understanding of social media
- Strong organizational skills & ability to multi-task, work in a team office environment, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in computers & standard office applications (Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and more)
- Course credit available plus hourly pay ($12-$13/hour) for time exceeding course requirements.
Requirements – Accepting applications until December 6
- Submit cover letter as to why you would be the best candidate for this program
- Up to date resume with links to social profiles
- Digital portfolio and/or 3 writing samples
- Copy of latest transcript
- Provide 2-3 references:
- One educator from college or university
- One current or past employer: must have worked for them for more than 4 months, direct supervisor
- Email to: email@example.com
- If these are not provided, Caster will not review your submission for application.
School Year Timeline
- The most qualified candidates will be contacted for an in-person interview at our office in Wakefield, RI.
- Please indicate your desired start & finish dates, days you need to take off, and M-F availability.
- Start date:
- Availability (between 9:30AM – 5:30PM M-F):