Crestron Launches Next Generation AirMedia Wireless Presentation Solution for Today’s Enterprise Workplace
The new AirMedia portfolio enables one-touch seamless wireless presentation from any device for intuitive, collaborative, and efficient meetings.
Rockleigh, New Jersey – August 17, 2021 – Crestron, the global leader in workplace technology, today announces the next generation of AirMedia® Presentation Systems, a portfolio of wireless presentation devices purpose-built to support more intuitive and efficient meetings in the modern workplace with one-touch presentation and meeting control from any collaboration device. AirMedia devices seamlessly connect presentation, collaboration, and display capabilities together for the enterprise workspace on the Crestron Flex digital workplace platform.
Collaboration drives performance in today’s enterprise workplace and as businesses return to a hybrid-first work environment, in person collaboration has become even more important. The new AirMedia delivers the most efficient and effortless wireless presentation and collaboration experience, enabling employees to maximize their time together by simply walking into any meeting space, turning on a display or connecting to a laptop, and instantly accessing and sharing content through any device so they can concentrate on the task at hand.
AirMedia supports wireless content sharing and conferencing from any device, whether BYOD or on in-room displays, and between either internal teams or guests. The new AirMedia boasts several new features to enhance the presentation and collaboration experience, including:
- Advanced Presentation – Share up to nine screens, allowing for multiple documents to be seen and worked on simultaneously and eliminating the need to constantly change between presenters. AirMedia also dynamically adjusts the layout based on source to ensure an immersive presentation experience.
- Enhanced 4K video support – Provides high-quality streaming for meetings so even the most detailed content is seen clearly, improving collaboration across the organization
- New customizable user interface – Redesigned user interface allows users to customize their logo and backgrounds for a fully branded environment, as well as view important room information
The AirMedia Connect adaptor brings detethered wireless presentation to the AirMedia lineup, providing a simple and intuitive way to make any space a meeting and collaboration space. With AirMedia Connect, you can add wireless presentation capabilities to any space without the need for additional wiring or infrastructure. AirMedia Connect also provides a way to simplify guest presentation, without the need for presenters to connect to the internal network.
Native support for Microsoft Teams® or Zoom™ video conferencing ensures that meetings happen within seconds, either through a wireless connection on the AirMedia network or by plugging any USB-C® device into the AirMedia Connect, without the need to download additional software.
“We’ve heard from our customers that creating simpler, more streamlined collaboration experiences that are just as easy to manage and deploy will continue to be important as they reevaluate their spaces and make physical workplace changes,” said Lauren Simmen, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Crestron. “AirMedia adds one-touch presentation and control – an important component of an efficient meeting experience – to our award-winning Crestron Flex collaboration technology for the modern workplace.”
AirMedia works on the Crestron Flex digital workplace platform, which provides accessibility for every enterprise endpoint device from room scheduling to conferencing, and from lighting and shading to thermostat control. Enterprises can simply mix-and-match to design meeting spaces that best suit how their teams connect and collaborate.
Management and software updates for AirMedia are effortless through the Crestron XiO Cloud® Service, which ensures a centralized experience for configuration, deployment, updates, and analytics for end-devices in the enterprise. AirMedia also supports a Dual LAN network so users can have both a private and guest network, ensuring unknown devices cannot pose a security risk.
The AirMedia Presentation Systems portfolio includes three new products:
- The AM-3100 Receiver, a new, entry-level option that supports wireless presentation on the secure AirMedia network, perfect for smaller applications such as huddle spaces, education and stand-up spaces where simple wireless presentation is needed.
- The AM-3200 Receiver, an updated version of the legacy AirMedia device, brings additional features, including an audio output for interfacing with room audio, DUAL LAN network, HDMI® input to support wired and wireless presentation on a single room system, and RS232 and IR ports for built-in display control.
- The AM-TX3-100 Connect adaptor for enabling wireless sharing without cables or connection to an enterprise network. The AM-TX3-100 Connect makes sharing simple for guest presenters, who can easily connect and present without the need to download software or connect to the network.
The AirMedia portfolio is now available for pre-order. The AM-3200 and AM-3100 will begin shipping in September, and a shipping date for AM-TX3-100 will be announced in the future.
At Crestron we build technology for every way people work, everywhere in the world – from desktop to boardrooms, offices to multi-nationals. Technology that adapts to what you have and prepares you for what you’ll need. Platforms, devices, and systems designed to improve communication and collaboration. All managed by a cloud-based system for easy deployment, monitoring and upgrading. At Crestron we create faster, better, simpler solutions so people can work faster, better, and more productively.
Our products are backed by more than 90 fully staffed offices that provide 24 x 7 x 365 sales, technical, and training support across the globe. In addition to our World Headquarters in Rockleigh, New Jersey, Crestron has sales and support offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and Australia. Discover Crestron by visiting www.crestron.com.
All brand names, product names, and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Certain trademarks, registered trademarks, and trade names may be used in this document to refer to either the entities claiming the marks and names or their products. Crestron disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others. Crestron is not responsible for errors in typography or photography. ©2021 Crestron Electronics, Inc.