SKS – The Leading Global Event on the Future of Food and Cooking – Heads Back To Seattle This October
Fourth annual event focuses on the reinvention of the meal journey for consumers and the role of AI, robotics, Big Data and connectivity on the kitchen
Seattle, WA – June 8, 2018 –Smart Kitchen Summit, the leading global event and community focused on the future of food, cooking and the kitchen, announces its fourth annual flagship event in Seattle, Washington, October 8-9, 2018 at the world-renowned Benaroya Hall. This year’s overarching theme is the reinvention of the meal journey, with two days of speaking sessions, fireside conversations, product demonstrations, and more with speakers from Starbucks, Google, Bosch, Wired, America’s Test Kitchen, Barilla and more. SKS is excited to welcome Chef Richard Blais to the stage as well as our resident celebrity chef for the event.
The show agenda will explore various themes tied into the reinvention of the meal journey, including:
- The impact of AI and robotics on how food is shopped for, prepared, made and consumed across the retail, restaurant and home environments
- The reinvention of the restaurant and how technology is enabling entirely new formats and business models for the restaurant operator
- The transformation of the kitchen to digital and the business model impacts for big players in food, grocery and appliances
- The move to more personalized food and nutrition, the use of biomarkers and food science along with VR and AR to rethink the food we consume
- Technology for good in the food and cooking ecosystem: how can we use technology to make for healthier cooking outcomes, waste less food, and feed more people?
To speak to these themes, SKS 2018 is curating a powerhouse speaker lineup of top executives and thought leaders from companies and organizations that touch every element of the meal journey, including appliances, food science, retail, new food business models, non-profits, Big Food, connected home and more. The early lineup includes speakers from Whirlpool, Nokia, Barilla, Panasonic, Starbucks, Chef’d and Wired. Submit to be a speaker at SKS 2018 here.
Also returning for SKS 2018 is the popular Startup Showcase Competition, a platform for exciting startups, inventors, culinary makers and cutting-edge product companies to showcase what they are working on and let others experience it firsthand. Applications are due August 17. Interested companies can submit at www.smartkitchensummit.com/2018startupshowcase. Finalists get a demo table, a chance to pitch on stage and tickets to the full event.
For more information on this year’s event or to submit to speak or inquire about a sponsorship or partnership with SKS, visit www.smartkitchensummit.com and to stay up to date on event announcements, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Created in 2015 by smart home and IoT veteran analyst Michael Wolf, the Smart Kitchen Summit is the leading event and community focused on the future of food, cooking and the kitchen. Along with its sister editorial site The Spoon, the Smart Kitchen Summit aims to be the annual forum for leaders and C-level executives across the food, cooking, appliance, retail and technology ecosystems to discuss trends, develop partnerships and envision the future of this emerging market.
SKS is a global event with SKS EU 2018 held on June 12, 2018 in Dublin, Ireland, SKS Japan in August 2018 and SKS 2018 in the United States, October 8-9, 2018 in Seattle, Washington.