22Miles Announces Their TempDefend Thermal Screening Solution is Now Available on Elo Platform
New temperature sensor solutions from 22Miles and Elo provide extensive screening and communications capabilities to support across a wide range of industries and applications.
Milpitas, CA – October 22, 2020 – 22Miles, a global leader in experiential 3D wayfinding and digital signage technology, announces integration with Elo, a leading global provider of interactive solutions, as a recommended hardware solution for deployment with 22Miles TempDefend™ software. The combined solution including Elo I-Series touchscreen computers, Mounting Solutions, Temperature Sensor Pro, EloView® and 22Miles software brings plug-and-play, self-service thermal detection capabilities to a wide range of industries and applications, from enterprise and hospitality, to education and transportation, and many more.
As more industries re-open and plan for 2021 and beyond, businesses face a growing number of safety and logistical issues. Leveraging digital signage allows business leaders to communicate and support solutions for safety and productivity post-COVID, including social-distancing regulations, employee screening, building floorplan restructuring and design, and changes to technology use that come with keeping employees and building visitors safe and well-informed.
Engineered as a customizable, plug-and-play thermo-sensing digital signage communication and direction tool, 22Miles’ TempDefend combines advanced camera hardware, facial and body temperature detection software, integrated sensors, and dynamic machine learning algorithms. With Elo’s I-Series, 22Miles will provide an all-in-one display and software solution that can be quickly and easily installed in buildings of any size and scale. Elo’s accessory and mounting portfolio creates an easy-to-configure solution for any environment. EloView® SaaS service (available for Elo Android devices) helps enable seamless remote deployment of TempDefend and device management capabilities.
Key TempDefend features include:
- Leveraging sensor technology, the TempDefend system activates automatically when subjects approach, scanning for temperature. Once the temperature is detected, the information triggers a response workflow, which uses the data to grant access, offer instructions, prompt a video call, or send a notification.
- Automatic data capture, security and compliance options, and analysis of temperature scan data simplify the process of identifying and recording trends or areas of concern.
- Displays can be accessed in a variety of ways – voice control, QR code scan, and touchscreens – to suit building needs. Support for the 22Miles Publisher Pro software allows for quick display customization, email notifications, and more.
- Additional features include built-in support and automatic sharing of the standard Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommended screening guidelines for COVID-19, facial mask detection to ensure PPC compliance, automatic “Pass” sticker printing when screening guidelines are met with the printer compatible Elo Wallaby self-service stand option, and virtual receptionist, where users flagged for elevated temperature can initiate a video call with facility administrators for further instruction and applicable protocols.
- Added functionality options via Elo Edge Connect™, include badge reader scanning, QR scanning, and payment.
- Both the Elo I-Series 15.6” and 21.5” offer the option for add-on floor or counter stands, with or without printers, to create display options that suit any building space or desired functionality.
The Temperature Sensor Pro, a new Elo Edge Connect peripheral, available in North America in late October 2020, reads the user’s temporal temperature using an infrared bolometer and 2D camera, which can detect faces, automatically adjust for height and provide results in less than a second. When paired with a self-service stand and TempDefend software, it provides a complete temperature check solution.
“Elo is a leader in the digital signage industry and we’re excited to partner with them to create ready-made, easy-to-use and install display, kiosks, and other signage solutions that help support the re-opening of buildings across the world post-pandemic,” said Tomer Mann, EVP, 22Miles.
“We’re thrilled to be able to offer 22Miles TempDefend as an integration option for our Elo self-service platform providing an all-in-one thermal screening and signage solution,” said Kristin Roubie, senior channel sales manager at Elo. “This joint solution not only helps building visitors feel safe in public environments, but also streamlines deployment and management for IT with our optional EloView software for Android-powered touchscreens.”
For more information visit 22miles.com/digital-signage-solutions/elo-tempdefend/.
*The Elo Access Temperature Sensor is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease or health condition, including COVID-19. An indication of an elevated body temperature should be confirmed by a secondary evaluation method (such as a non-contact infrared thermometer or clinical grade contact thermometer). Use only as directed; various environmental and methodological factors can impact thermal imaging. HIPAA compliance is responsibility of user. This is not an FDA-approved device. Not available in all areas. © 2020 Elo Touch Solutions. Elo, the Elo logo are registered trademarks of Elo Touch Solutions.