abode Releases New DIY Security Starter Kits
Top-rated security system starter kit will now be available starting at $279 with a new configuration and additional flexibility
Palo Alto, CA – January 24, 2018 – abode systems, a leader in DIY smart home security, today announces a new configuration for the abode DIY security starter kit optimized for lower cost on entry and increased flexibility as customers build out their system.
Starting February 1, 2018, the new abode Essentials Starter Kit will replace the existing configuration and will consist of the following devices for a new entry-level system cost of $279.
- One abode gateway with built-in 93 dB siren, battery backup, Zigbee, Z-Wave, and Abode RF device support, automation rules and optional cellular backup.
- One mini door-window sensor – a compact door-window sensor featuring Abode RF for long range and long battery life to detect opening and closing.
- One remote key fob for simple arm/disarm of your abode home security system.
- One PIR motion sensor to detect motion and trigger alarms or automations.
Customers interested in bundling additional abode services including cellular backup and/or professional monitoring will be able to purchase plans for the following prices:
- Starter kit + Connect plan (1 year of service) for $329: includes 3G cellular backup connection to keep system online even if broadband connection is down and 14 days of timeline and media storage.
- Starter kit + Secure plan (1 year of service) for $379: includes 24 x 7 professional monitoring with our UL listed monitoring center, 3G cellular backup, and 90 days of timeline and media storage.
Additional devices, including additional door-window sensors, keypads, glass and vibration sensors or streaming cameras can still be added to the starter kit and customers will receive 10% off added a la cart devices.
The reconfigured abode starter kit grants new customers the same access the Android or iOS smartphone apps, web app, and home automation engine existing customers have. Additionally, the new starter kit extends the same level of connectivity to today’s most popular smart home devices and voice assistants featuring direct in-app integrations with Philips Hue, ecobee thermostats, LifX RGB light bulbs, and the full suite of Nest devices and Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa compatibility.
“Since the launch of abode, we’ve collected feedback and implemented features and enhancements to our entire solution based on what our customers have shared with us,” said abode cofounder, Chris Carney. “Based off the needs of our customers, we’re excited to introduce a new configuration of our starter kit to make abode even more affordable while simultaneously keeping the same level of freedom, flexibility, and integrations intact.”