Z-Wave Alliance Supports Smart Home and Integrator Growth at CEDIA Expo 2018
The Z-Wave Pavilion will feature new pro channel products, demonstrations from emerging brands and opportunities for integrator training + membership
San Diego, CA – August 29, 2018 at 8:30 am EST – The Z-Wave Alliance, a global membership organization dedicated to advancing the popular Z-Wave wireless smart home protocol, will host the Z-Wave Pavilion in booth number 2715 at CEDIA Expo 2018 in San Diego, California. The Z-Wave Pavilion is a popular spot at CEDIA with member companies featuring new products and services in smart home, demonstrations of the award-winning Z-Wave Certified Installer Toolkit and networking with smart home leaders.
Z-Wave Pavilion members include:
- Aeotec, a leading creator of Z-Wave compatible IoT and smart home devices, will introduce the Doorbell 6 connected doorbell, offering service without a cloud subscription, a Nano Shutter motorized controller for curtains, garage doors, and gates, and the Siren 6, an updated Z-Wave security siren to integrate with smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, doorbells, and security systems.
- Dome, a subsidiary of Elexa Consumer Products, will host live demonstrations of their Dome Siren that sends alerts when motion is detected, a Z-Wave compatible Door/Window Sensor, a Dome Mouser smart pest control trap, the Dome Motion Sensor with extra-wide 110-degree coverage, and the Dome Extender designed to amplify Z-Wave signals and improve communication between Z-Wave devices.
- FIBARO, a leading global manufacturer of wireless intelligent home automation and control devices, is growing its installer base in the U.S. with a new Installer Training Program that can be completed in one day, to provide skilled professionals with practical knowledge and expertise required to design, configure, and install Fibaro smart home systems.
- Guardian (Dome), will host live demonstrations of their Guardian line of products including the Valve Controller, the Guardian Bridge that sends notifications during a leak and other emergency events, and the Guardian Leak Detector that encompasses three sets of Z-Wave sensors working together to protect the home from flood events.
- Hogar Controls is demonstrating products at the show including The Pebble, comprised of three buttons, each supporting up to three actions, a new 3-in-1 Insert Module that controls several circuits with one single command, and the newly designed 6-1-1 Multi-Function switch has programmable touch buttons that act as relays or scenes, with a backlit panel for easy visibility in the dark.
- Observables will be introducing their new AlwaysON™ Premises Management Platform with network management that offers integrators the opportunity to monitor network performance for their customers and diagnose issues before they become a crisis.
- Parakeet will be demonstrating their Parakeet Gateway and suite of software products that enable the deployment and management of home automation to large scale rental properties, resulting in recurring monthly revenue to rental property owners and system integrators.
The Z-Wave Pavilion will also feature live demos of the Z-Wave Certified Installer Toolkit, a diagnostic tool that was named a 2017 CEDIA Award winner in the “Best Hardware” category. The Z-Wave Certified Installer Toolkit helps integrators to maintain, diagnose and troubleshoot Z-Wave networks to ensure a solid, secure mesh network is in place.
The Z-Wave Alliance will also conduct CEDIA training sessions for industry pros to learn more about smart home protocols, networking and Z-Wave installations.
Led by Executive Director Mitchell Klein, “Z-Wave, Zigbee, and Bluetooth – Oh My!” will elevate the difference between each network, explain which protocols products are using for control, and how the platforms affect residential installation projects.
The other training sessions will be led by Alliance Technology Director Rick Tinker and will dive deeper into the logistics of setting up a Z-Wave network “The Ah-Ha Moments with Z-Wave” offers installers tips and information on the design, installation, and maintenance of Z-Wave systems as well as an overview of the Z-Wave Certified Installer Toolkit.
|The Ah-Ha Moments with Z-Wave; What You Need to Know to Become the Z-Wave Expert: Design, Installation, Maintenance and Using the Certified Installer Toolkit
Technology Director, Rick Tinker
|Wednesday, September 5
Thursday, September 6
Friday, September 7
|2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Room 10
2:30- 4:00 p.m.
10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
|Z-Wave, Zigbee, and Bluetooth – Oh My!
Executive Director, Mitchell Klein
|Thursday, September 6||3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
For more information on the Z-Wave Alliance, please visit http://z-wavealliance.org. Follow the Z-Wave Alliance on Facebook, Twitter and on LinkedIn for the latest updates.