Z-Wave Technology On Display at CES 2023; Z-Wave Alliance Hosts Smart Home Pavilion with a Focus on Membership
Over a dozen member companies assemble under the Z-Wave banner at CES 2023 to showcase the latest technology advancements, new devices, and enhanced membership benefits
Beaverton, OR – December 20, 2022 – The Z-Wave Alliance, the standards development organization dedicated to advancing the smart home and Z-Wave® technology, will return to CES 2023 in Las Vegas to host the Z-Wave Alliance Pavilion in Tech West, Venetian Expo, Booth #52908. The Z-Wave Pavilion at CES will be home to over a dozen industry leading Smart Home and IoT member companies showcasing the latest certified Z-Wave solutions, devices, and products from across the certified interoperable ecosystem now over 4,100 devices strong. Capitalizing on a great deal of momentum generated from an unprecedented year of growth, the Alliance is excited to gather with the industry to share the key milestones that will bring Z-Wave Alliance member benefits to a new level.
Z-Wave Opens Up at CES 2023
In December 2022, the Z-Wave Alliance announced the completion of the Z-Wave Source Code Project which is now available to Z-Wave Alliance members. The goal of this initiative is to provide a rich development environment whereby member companies can directly contribute code to shape the future of the popular Z-Wave protocol. This advancement will be overseen by the newly created OS Work Group (OSWG) and represents a monumental step forward. Alliance members can now actively participate in charting the course for Z-Wave technology through hands-on contributions and development of new features and code. Beyond conceptualization, Z-Wave Alliance member Exegin Technologies has already successfully completed the porting of Z-Wave Source Code to 3rd party silicon to showcase future development possibilities.
Amazon Takes a Seat at the Head of the Z-Wave Table
The Z-Wave Alliance also recently announced the newly elected Z-Wave Alliance Board of Directors. Jonathan Adams, a young and emerging technology leader at Amazon assumes the role of Chairman of the Board. The Alliance continues to benefit from the knowledge and expertise from the collective board which includes leaders who are founding participants of Project CHIP, now officially rebranded as Matter, or hold chaired positions within both the Thread Group and the Connectivity Standards Alliance.
Maximizing Benefits for Members
One of the major themes throughout the Pavilion at CES 2023 will be on Z-Wave Alliance membership with a focus on benefits and opportunities for companies to get involved. “When it was announced in 2020 that Silicon Labs was contributing the Z-Wave technology to the Z-Wave Alliance, the organization quickly re-incorporated as an independently run, member driven, non-profit Standards Development Organization (SDO),” explains Mitch Klein, Executive Director for the Z-Wave Alliance. “Since the day of that announcement, we’ve been working tirelessly to continue to advance one of the most widely installed smart home technologies – Z-Wave – and drive initiatives that support member benefits and participation. A ton of that work has come to fruition in 2022, as we’ve announced the first certified Z-Wave Long Range Devices, surpassed the milestone of over 4,100 certified interoperable devices, completed the Source Code Project and made it available to members. With this momentum, Z-Wave already has a number of exciting announcements in the works for 2023 as Z-Wave enters the most exciting chapter yet.”
Showcasing Smart Home Solutions at CES 2023
Visitors to the Z-Wave Pavilion at CES 2023 will have the opportunity to engage with Z-Wave members including: Masonite, Alfred Inc., ASSA ABLOY/Yale, Silicon Labs, Kaadas, Swidget Corporation, DEN Smart Home, Jasco, Zooz, Vision, MCO Home, and Nie-Tech. Within the Z-Wave Pavilion, members will showcase the latest advancements in Z-Wave technology, including new products that highlight interoperability and compatibility – key pillars of the Z-Wave protocol. At CES 2023, attendees can experience the full power and possibilities of the Z-Wave ecosystem.
CES 2023 – Tech West – Venetian Expo Show Floor – Booth 52908
Below is a list of new smart home solutions in the Z-Wave Pavilion at CES 2023 by Z-Wave Alliance Members and participants.
- Masonite – Showcasing the award-winning Masonite M-Pwr Smart Doors, the first residential exterior doors to integrate power, LED welcome lights, a smart lock, and a Ring Video Doorbell into the door system. The advanced technology of Masonite M-Pwr Smart Doors is incorporated into premium fiberglass doors that are available in a variety of styles, colors, and finishes, including multiple glass options to complement any home design.
- Alfred Inc. – Demonstrating new and exciting products for smart home security. New smart locks from Alfred that strike the perfect balance between sleek design, security, and usability will be on display and available for fully functional demonstrations.
- ASSA ABLOY (Yale) – Showcasing new Z-Wave-enabled security solutions reimagined with the latest smart home technology to provide convenient, everyday smart home access to any household. Product demonstrations will include the Yale Assure Lock 2 and Yale Assure Lock (residential), NexTouch™ (commercial), Yale Pro SL, a key-free smart lock, and the suite of Yale Assure Interconnected Locks for keyless access and security for multi-family and multi-unit projects.
- Silicon Labs – Demonstrating bridging Z-Wave devices to Matter via the Unify SDK software solution. See how Silicon Labs can unify smart lights and other smart home, city, building, and industry devices using their Matter-ready MG24 wireless SoC and Z-Wave SoCs and modules.
- Kaadas – With a focus on high-quality, affordable smart electronic locks, Kaadas will offer live demonstrations of several new-to-the-market Z-Wave products.
- Swidget – Unveiling, and offering live demos, of its all-new Z-Wave 800-series modular inserts compatible with all Swidget Switch and Outlet host Wiring Devices. Through a user’s Z-Wave certified hub of choice, Swidget’s Z-Wave Control Insert, USB Insert, Temperature, Humidity, Motion Sensor Insert and Air Quality Sensor Insert, enable Swidget’s uniquely flexible, discreet, and futureproof solution to work within a Z-Wave smart home.
- DEN Smart Home – Demonstrating their award-winning DEN SmartStrike™, the first invisible, wireless communicating door strike that features all the power and convenience of a smart lock with the freedom of door hardware design.
- Jasco – Debuting its newest smart lighting controls under the JascoPro, Enbrighten and UltraPro labels, including switches, dimmers, plugs, sensors, and fan speed controls. With faster processors and more memory, these smart home controls are the latest in Z-Wave technology.
- Zooz –Experience live demos of the Z-Box 700 Series Z-Wave Plus Smart Home Hub to see how easy it is to build a smart home with simple or complex automations. Equipped with the latest Z-Wave technology, product demos will also be available for the Z-Box Z-Wave Plus Smart Home Hub, 800 Series Z-Wave Long Range USB Stick, and 800 Series Z-Wave Long Range DC Signal Sensor.
- Vision – Showcasing their home security and home automation product line including, glass break detector, motion sensors, door window sensor, 2-in-1 universal remote and arrival sensor.
- MCO Home – Demonstrating an array of new products including a US-based thermostat for controlling heat pump/regular AC systems, electrical heating system, fan coil system, other thermostats like the battery boiler thermostat and IR thermostat. MCO Home offers the first Z-Wave microwave radar sensor in the world.
- NIE-TECH – Debuting its newest ZW1304 Water Leak Sensor, ZW36M 15A heavy duty Indoor Plug, ZW97M IP65 Outdoor Plug, ZW924 Portable Remote-Control Switch, and ZKS31 Knob Dimmer Switch. NIE-TECH Co. provides, beautiful, simple products with a focus on the consumer experience.
The following Z-Wave Alliance members will have Z-Wave products on display via the member spotlight wall at CES 2023 within the Pavilion: Airzone, Vantiva, and Johnson Controls.
For more information on the Z-Wave Alliance, please visit www.z-wavealliance.org. Follow the Z-Wave Alliance on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and on LinkedIn for the latest updates.