SKS Europe Announces Finalists for Food Tech Startup Competition
Featuring sessions on future of taste, AI-driven cooking, digital food platforms and more, finalists of the Startup Showcase at the first-ever SKS Europe have a chance to win accolades & €5,000
Dublin, Ireland – May 10, 2018 –Smart Kitchen Summit, the leading global event and community focused on the future of food, cooking and the kitchen, announces startup showcase competition finalists for its first SKS EU event in Dublin, Ireland at the world-famous Guinness Storehouse. Now in its fourth year and for the first time in Europe, SKS brings together the world’s innovators across the home appliance, culinary, grocery and technology industries to explore and create the future together.
The SKS Europe Startup Showcase will start at the opening reception on June 11 where startups will have the chance to demo their device or solution. On the following day during the full program, each finalist will be given a few minutes to give an overview of their company, what makes their solution unique, and how they’re contributing to the future of food. The winner will be announced at the end of the event and receive a €5,000 cash prize.
Held annually, the Startup Showcase Competition is an SKS attendee-favorite. SKS provides a platform for exciting startups, inventors, culinary makers and cutting-edge product companies to showcase what they are working on and let others experience it firsthand.
The finalists for this year’s Startup Showcase EU are:
- Pantri – Currently in alpha testing and actively recruiting maker partners, Pantri will take usage signals from smart kitchen appliances and gadgets, interpreting it into usable data, then linking to a chosen online supermarket to automate the reordering of groceries based on appliance usage data.
- Mealhero Spitaels – Mealhero offers varied and fresh-frozen home delivered food, coupled with a smart steamer that prepares the ingredients perfectly, without having to set or add anything.
- Plant Jammer – Plant Jammer’s artificial intelligence and cooking assistant enables users to build their own recipe with the ingredients they already have on hand.
- Lecker Labs – The Yomee by Lecker Labs makes it easy to create your own yogurt from home with Yomee starter pods and your own choice of milk.
- TipCrop – Tip Crop is a modular Controlled Environment system for growing herbs, vegetables and flowers indoors using IoT, AI and advanced LED lighting technologies.
- Digimeals – Digimeals is a Swiss start-up building cooking-related user interfaces and the platforms behind them that manage the recipes and integrate with smart devices.
- mitte – Founded in 2016, Berlin-based mitte is a connected appliance that unites water purification with mineralization, giving users personalized and healthy water at home, allowing users to manage usage from a mobile app.
Don’t miss the chance to see these startups live along with leaders across smart home, new cooking technologies, food AI, robotics, personalized food and more June 11-12 in Dublin.
For more information on 2018 SKS EU, visit www.smartkitchensummit.eu and to stay up to date on the latest additions to the agenda, follow us on Twitter and Facebook. For information on SKS events in the U.S, visit www.smartkitchensummit.com
Created in 2015 by smart home and IoT veteran analyst Michael Wolf, the Smart Kitchen Summit is the leading event and community focused on the future of food, cooking and the kitchen. Along with its sister editorial site The Spoon, the Smart Kitchen Summit aims to be the annual forum for leaders and C-level executives across the food, cooking, appliance, retail and technology ecosystems to discuss trends, develop partnerships and envision the future of this emerging market. SKS EU 2018 will be held on June 12, 2018 in Dublin, Ireland, SKS Japan will be held in August 2018 and SKS 2018 in the United States will be October 8-9, 2018 in Seattle, Washington.