Leveraging the Momentum: PR Strategies that Maximize Trade Show Success
If you’re reading this that means you’ve survived 9 months of trade shows this year. Congratulations! I hope you’ve avoided burn out because the hard work doesn’t stop when a trade show is over – that’s when the real work begins.
Leveraging trade show results is just as important as attending the trade show itself. You don’t want the company presence you established at the show to diminish once you leave the exhibition floor. Continuing the momentum from the trade show can allow your company to flourish beyond the bounds of a three- to four-day event. By implementing the correct public relations tactics, you can help solidify the connections you made, amplify coverage, and expand content usage to ultimately increase brand recognition.
In this blog, I’ll share valuable tips on how to build on the momentum of your public relations efforts following a trade show so you can capitalize on your company’s success at trade shows like CEDIA Expo.
Keep Your Connections
One of the first things you should do after a trade show is follow up with press that your company met onsite.
- Send a thank-you email to the individuals you had the chance to speak with. Include any additional materials they requested and remind them of your company’s product/service and mission.
- Engage with the press on social media and invite them to follow your company page(s).
- If you developed a new relationship with an editor, make sure to add them to your media list so they receive future press releases and news about your company.
Maintaining these connections can enhance your company’s presence in the industry and lead to more coverage in the future.
Amplify Your Coverage
If you went into a trade show with a solid PR plan, your company most likely received media coverage as a result. Make sure to show it off!
- Post top earned media on your company’s website.
- Share top coverage on your company’s social media channels and tag the journalist and media outlet.
- Repurpose content for blogs and/or social media posts.
By showcasing your media mentions, you’re not only sharing with your own audience, but also with the journalist and media outlet’s audience. This is a great way to increase your company’s reach and establish your brand’s legitimacy.
Trade shows provide a wealth of materials like press releases, award entries, photos, videos, etc. for your company – Use this content to your advantage!
- Post photos or videos of company members in action on the trade show floor on social media channels to personalize company profiles.
- Use photos or videos of product demos for ad campaigns.
- Repurpose press releases and/or award entries for blogs.
By creating content around your trade show experience, you’re not only building your brand, but also providing your audience with valuable information related to your industry. Share this content on your website and social media channels to drive traffic and engagement.
Analyze Your Success
After a trade show, it’s crucial to gather data on your PR efforts with tools that your company implemented prior to the show.
- Utilize Google Analytics 4 to track website visits.
- Check LinkedIn analytics to see how your company’s profile performed during a specific timeframe.
- Use email marketing software like HubSpot or MailChimp to analyze your open and click rates on email marketing campaigns.
- Review the impact of your earned media using a public relations management platform like Muck Rack or Meltwater.
By monitoring this data, you can learn what worked and what didn’t, and adjust your PR strategy for your next trade show accordingly. If your company doesn’t use any of these tools, make sure to implement them before your next trade show.
Establish Your Brand
Even though you’re probably exhausted after exhibiting at a trade show like CEDIA Expo, it’s crucial to continue public relations efforts after a trade show to increase impact. By maintaining communication with the press, amplifying media coverage, repurposing materials to create valuable content, and analyzing metrics, you can optimize your company’s visibility and solidify your brand as a leading authority in the industry.
Want guidance on maximizing the success of your next trade show? The Caster Crew is here to help.